It would be best if you kept some vital factors in mind when you want to invest in a brass tumbler. You must choose the best brass tumbler that will meet your needs. But, how do you do that with little or no information on how to get the best product? That’s why we’re here to provide you with vital information on how to select the best product in the market.
Usually, the capacity of your brass tumbler, its compatibility with any Emo shell, and the durability ( tumblers that are made of steel last longer) are vital things to look out for.
Also, the material used in its construction, reliability, price, safety, and warranty are other crucial things you need to check out before settling for any brass tumbler.
We’ll be walking you through the best brass tumblers starting from the best product to other products we recommend.
The Best Brass Tumblers For 2020 Reviewed
Our Top Pick: Frankford Arsenal 110V 7L
Frankford Arsenal 110V 7L is the real deal among the best brass tumblers in the market. It will provide you with the best brass cleaning experience. It uses the rotary toppling method of cleaning, which is highly efficient than ultrasonic or vibratory toppling methods.
It comes with little stainless pins that are passed into primer pockets and through the inside cases to provide incredible cleaning power. The big volume drum has a molded-in rubber cellular lining that helps to reduce the noise during the procedure and as well as shield brass.
What we like:
- Integrated Timer in the base | The integrated Timer can be set to run between 0-3 hours, depending on what you want. It automatically shuts down as soon as the time elapses.
- Dual-layer drum to help reduce noise | The dual-layer drum has a sound-dampening rubber lining to reduce the sound emanating from the machine during the process. The drum also has clear end caps that allow you to see the brass while it rolls.
- Steel media pins | The steel pins that come with this brass tumbler can run for as many times as possible.
- Highly efficient | The efficiency of this brass tumbler is compared to none as it’s the best means of cleaning brass.
- Large case capacity | This is an excellent brass tumbler due to its large case capacity. It’s also easy to use and fully motorized.
Alternate Best Pick: Lyman Cyclone Rotary Tumbler 115V
This rotary tumbler takes brass cleaning to another level entirely. Unlike vibratory tumblers, It comes with small stainless pins that can easily fit into primer pockets and cases to help clean these areas effectively.
The drum is quite large and can hold up to 1000 pieces of .223 brass. The large end cap also allows for easy loading and offloading. It has a built-in timer at the base that can be set between 0-3 hours and shut off automatically.
What we like:
- Comes with sifter pans | The sifter pans enable you to separate the pins from the cases very easily and quickly too. To achieve this, all you need to do is to empty the tumbler in the stacked pans. A pan catches the pins, and the other catches the brass.
- Large capacity | With a large capacity, you would think that this brass tumbler will be noisy, but it’s not. The rubber lining helps to reduce noise to the barest minimum during the operation and as well, protect the brass.
- Built-in timer | The built-in timer located at the base of this brass tumbler enables you to set it up to meet your needs and automatically shut-off at the set time.
Best High-end Pick: Extreme Tumbler Stainless Steel Rebel 17 Tumbler
Do you already own a media separator? Then this is the best kit to complement your tumbler. This is a 17 lb. capacity (2-4 lbs. brass) tumbler designed in such a way that it will help get rid of all dirt in your primer pocket and make them regain their sparkling look. It is designed to clean 2-4 pounds of brass at any given time.
It only requires 3 to 4 hours to help you clean your case completely, thanks to the high-speed setting of the tumbler. It also features a thick rubber-lined drum and a large 0.5 inches’ solid shaft with thick rubber rollers.
What we like:
- Strong power coating | It features a high strength powder coating
- Heavy-duty steel hexagon barrel | It comes with heavy-duty steel hexagon barrel with inner and outer coating. The coating is done with a strong rubber liner
- Durable base | It comes with a durable base with dual motor support brackets. The machine also works very quietly.
- Features a nylon locking drum lid knobs
Best Budget Option: Hornady M-1 Case Tumbler, 110V
This is a budget-friendly tumbler that can hold up to (180) 30-06 cases, (400) .38 special cases or other similar cases. It has a sifter that you can use to separate media from the polished brass, and the cyclonic and vibratory action of this tumbler will give your brass an excellent shine.
Hornady 050202 is a bit quiet, but it can be heard in an adjacent room. To reduce the noise, run only a small amount of brass and avoid overloading the tumbler. Alternatively, you can get a soft rubber mat of 3/8 inches to 1/2 inches thick and set your tumbler on it.
What we like:
- Runs very quietly | When you use the tumbler the way you should, it runs very quietly.
- Easy to clean | The cleaning time is swift, and it’s effortless to clean.
- It’s quite affordable
Things to consider:
- It may get noisy at some point
- It doesn’t last for a long time.
- You may have to replace it after a few uses
Frequently Asked Questions
How long should I tumble the brass?
There are several factors that will influence how long you tumble the brass. But at any rate, you should leave it there until you are sure that it is clean. The number of cases inside the tumbler also influence how long it will stay inside the tumbler. After using the tumbler for washing 10-15 times, you will come to understand how long it takes to keep your cartridge clean.
How can I make my brass shine like new?
The best way to make your brass shine like new is through dry tumbling. Dry tumbling is the best. During the process, no residue is left in the form of soap or other solvents on the cartridge. Dry tumbling involves effective cleaning and polishing simultaneously, which makes your brass shine like new. You can also make it shine better by leaving it for a long time inside the tumbler ranging from four to five hours, or longer in some cases. Another option is adding car wax in your tumbler.
Dry or Wet Tumbling: Which is the best?
The answer lies with the sort of tumbler you own. For vibrating tumbler, the sole option is to use dry tumbling. In fact, your warrant becomes void if you use wet media in a vibrating tumbler. For your rotary tumbler, using wet tumbling is more of the best option. Wet tumbling will help you get rid of dirt and debris that are clogged up within the case.
How do I store the tumbler effectively?
It starts with caring for the equipment; you should only keep in places where it won’t get damaged, where there is low humidity. Always clean the tumbler and follow the maintenance instructions included in the package. Only then can your tumbler last long and serve you well.
Other Worthy Mentions
This is an amazing product that promises to take away all your tumbling worries. This device can accomplish perfect cleaning; it is highly durable, and very economical, making it the perfect piece you deserve. Its advanced features, coupled with the design it carries, adds to the effectiveness and beauty of this device.
- Cleans up to 350 cases per cycle
- Hold up to 2 pounds of media
- Does not require separate media sifter
If you own a high volume reloader, then the Lyman pro magnum tumbler is specially designed for you. For one, high volume reloader always searches for value, something that this device offers effortlessly.
- 2-gallon capacity bowl
- Handles up to 1000 .38 cases at a time
This is another massive tumbler that is way faster and more efficient than rotary tumbling. This tumbler comes with an 18-gauge steel motor housing, and it also features a sturdy polyethylene drum and lid. This helps it produce an efficient vibratory action, which results in a quicker result than a rotary tumbler.
- 18-gauge steel motor housing
- Polyethylene drum and lid
Versatility is one of the top requirements of a tumbler, one thing that is not lacking with this tumbler. It is a versatile two-barrel tumbler with a capacity of 6 pounds. Each barrel carries 3 Lbs. which helps improves its capacity and makes it work well.
- Two 3 Lbs. capacity tumbler
- Versatile, and can handle tasks outside brass polishing
This is 15 lbs. capacity professional-grade rotary tumbler that is designed for top performance. This tumbler features a capacity steel hexagon barrel and a rubber liner. It is very versatile and can be used for tumbling and mixing operations.
- Powered by a motor of 115V
- Features a 15 pounds capacity steel hexagon barrel
- Comes with a 5-year guarantee
With this brass tumbler, you’ll get a less-expensive, fast and easy ways of cleaning your brass. If you’re looking for an easy way to get rid of lube, oxidation, and fouling, the Frankford Arsenal Quick-N-EZ is the right choice.
- Easy to set up
- Comes with a Plastic Bucket, 3 lb. Cleaning Media, Quick-N-EZ Case Tumbler, 4 oz. Brass Polish and Quick-N-EZ Rotary Media Separator.
This Rotary case tumbler is mainly designed for an efficient polishing and cleaning of cartridge cases in large quantities.
- Rubber lined drum (6quart)
- Compression lid
- Digital timer
- Fan cooled motor
If you’re looking forward to a new level of cleaning, go for the Frankford Platinum series. It cleans brass very effectively and works faster than vibratory or ultrasonic tumbling methods.
- Easy to use
- Cleans up to 300 cases of .223 brass in one cleaning
This is a heavy-duty vibratory bowl for polishing and cleaning small hardware. Unlike a rotary tumbler, the vibratory action provides you with faster results.
- Easy to use
- 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed.
- Comes with professional features
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.
This rotary case cleaner by RCBS will clean the inside and outside of your brass. It comes with a timer to enable you set time for the amount of time you want the cleaning to be done. It comes with quick locking lid for security during cleaning.
- Made with quality materials
- It comes with a simple, reloading tool.