Do your kids love the speed? Do they like watching car racing? Do they want to drive your vehicle? If the answer is yes, then you must think about getting the best go-kart for them!
Go-karts are all about pure fun and pace. Your kids can control these karts easily by their hands and feet. All in all, the best go-karts are the most thrilling activity for kids and teenagers out there.
Go-karting is one of the most loved and thrilling activities for holidays, and weekends and in this read, we will drive you through the best go-karts to get for your deserving little ones.
It is the experience that stays with us throughout our life. So, allow the kids to have some unforgettable memories to share with their kids.
Below, you will find some of the best go karts for 2020 for the children and teenagers who love racing around with siblings, friends, and even with parents. So, on your marks, GO!
The Best Go Karts for 2020 Reviewed
|Top Pick||Razor’s Dune Buggy|
|Alternative Top Pick||Razor Adult Bucket Seat Motor Drifting Durable Crazy Kart|
|Best High End Pick||Segway Ninebot Drift Kit Electric Go-kart|
|Alternative High End Pick||Go-Bowen Baja Electric Go-Kart|
|Best Budget Option||Radio Flyer Ultimate Go-Kart|
|Alternative Budget Option||Huffy Flat Go-Kart Ride On Battery Powered Kid Car|
|Best 4 Seater Option||Berg Go-Kart Gran Tour Racer44- 4-Seater Orange|
|Alternative 4 Seater Option||Generic GO KART 4 Seater – Go-Karts|
|Best 2 Seater Option||MOTOR GO-KART Off Road Buggy Black|
|Alternative 2 Seater Option||Coleman Powersports Go Kart|
Our Top Pick: Razor’s Dune Buggy
You can say what a plain and simple design, but don’t let that simplicity fool you, this electric go-kart is much heavier than its simple look. It weighs approximately 80 pounds; the Razor Dune Buggy is durable and sturdy than others.
The Razor Dune Buggy features an impressive maximum speed of 10 mph. Perfect for all the little ones that want a thrill and power, they will be satisfied with this Razor Dune Go-Kart.
For parents, the Razor Buggy includes a seat belt and brakes with a unique throttle system. The throttle allows to control the speed of kart easily. The throttle system is efficient and straightforward to use.
The braking system works well, even at maximum speed. The Razor Dune Buggy works excellently on almost all types of surfaces. This includes roads with little bumps as well as sidewalks. The wheels are quite thin, which permits sharp movements at a fast pace.
What We Like:
- Heavy Construction | The construction of this go-kart is robust and highly durable. It can effectively survive rough usage.
- Safety Features | The kart comes with necessary safety features such as, seat belt, accurate brakes, and a throttle system.
- Functionality | Simple to operate. You or your kids will not have any issues using this electric go-kart.
Alternative Top Pick: Razor Adult Bucket Seat Motor Drifting Durable Crazy Kart
Alternative Top Pick
This go-kart is super fun and adds to the excitement for all kids and adults alike who love adventures and outdoor expeditions.
Now-a-days riding toys and go-karts are changing the scope of outdoor play and you can expect the change from this drifting go-kart by Razor.
You can use this Razor’s Crazy drifting Kart to race with siblings or friends, or you can use it for your routine chores as a transport. Irrespective of how you will be using this Go-kart, it’s a brilliant addition to your playing arsenal.
The Razor Crazy Go-Cart is ideal for children that are 9 years old. The max weight capacity of a go-kart is 140lbs. It has dual batteries of 12V that can last up to 40 minutes, so, you will have 40 minutes of pure, outdoor fun!
Though this can be not much for excited and keen kids, it’s enough to get dizzy with toys.
One of the most prominent features of this Razor’s Crazy Go-Kart for kids is its top-rated drifting system. The comfortable steering wheel allows you to take 360-degree turns and for sharp turns and swerves easily. This means that your kid can drift, turn and spin just like a pro!
This Razor Crazy Go-Kart is safe, smooth, and total fun.
What We Like:
- Catchy Design | The design of this Razor Crazy go-kart is just awesome. The coolness combines with some excellent feature to form this device.
- Speed | Great speed, and torque, delivers speeds up to 12 mph for 40 minutes.
- Durable Go-Kart | The frame of this unit features powder-coated stainless steel that is highly durable. The go-kart comes with the two 12V batteries that are rechargeable.
Best High End Pick: Segway Ninebot Drift Kit Electric Go-kart
Best High End Pick
This electric go-kart is exclusive as you will find all the mind-blowing features that you can expect in a fully functioning electric Go-kart.
Without any complicated mechanism, your kids can ride on this exceptional electric go-kart in no time. Not only this, the design of this Segway machine is also unique and recognized by many users.
The Segway ninebot electric go-kart kit features three different driving modes which will enhance the overall experience of youth riders.
You can set the ride mode and speed limit as per your level. In novice mode, the Segway go-kart has a speed of 5 MPH. Second is the standard mode with a speed of 10.8 MPH or 18 km per hour, and the last mode is the sports mode which gives the highest speed of 15 MPH.
With this Segway go-kart, you can steer precisely and exactly where you want to due to the steering ratio of 2:1:1.
The precise steering control also allows you to take those sharp turns in a perfect way whenever required. The overall weight capacity of this unit is 220lbs.
Did I miss something? Not exactly
You will be surprised to know that t you can control this device with your fingers. With the help of an App, you can connect with the go-kart instantly and control the device.
You can modify the setting like speed, lighting, and braking system and you can also switch between the modes by using the app.
What We Like:
- Suitable for All | Segway electric Go-Kart has three different driving modes for different ages. You can also adjust the frame’s length and height of steering wheel. It is perfect for users that are 4’3”to 6’5” tall.
- Reliable Safety Features | Segway Electric Go-Kart includes a handbrake and a pedal brake to switch backwards and forward. It also has a reinforced seat belt for the safety of rider’s.
- Portable Design | The Segway Ninebot electric Go-kart can easily fit in the trunk of cars and you can carry this thing anywhere with you.
Alternative High End Pick: Go-Bowen Baja Electric Go-Kart
Alternative High End Pick
Next, we have a go-kart by Bowen Baja. This is the fastest and one of the most exclusive options on this list.
The Go-Bowen Baja electric kart features speed and power that will leave everyone behind.
Its first stands out feature are its motor and battery. The motor of 1000 watts and the battery of 48-volts enables it to rise above other go-karts. It features a whopping speed of 20 mph, and its reliable, long-lasting battery allows it to work for over one hour on high settings.
Furthermore, it comes with a regular steering wheel and a sturdy frame that looks like the real go-karts.
This Bowen Baja electric go-kart is excellent for both young ones and teenagers. Its weight capacity is around 140lbs.
Parents will be a fan of the included safety elements. It features a seat belt and a reliable braking system, but more prominent is the speed restriction feature. Just with a turning a key, you can set your desired speed limit.
With the excellent safety features, a robust metal frame, and durable wheels, this is the best go-kart in 2020.
What We Like:
- Durable Construction | The metal frame of this kart is sturdy and durable. It can survive the beating that your little ones will give it.
- Battery Power | The reliable battery with incredible power. The included motor and battery are long-lasting, and you will not have to replace it for many years.
- Reliable Braking Power | The braking power is incredible; it stops exactly where you want it to. Apart from it, the balance is also great.
Best Budget Option: Radio Flyer Ultimate Go-Kart
Best Budget Option
What we love about this Radio Flyer’s ultimate Go-Kart is that you can get more fun time from it due to the speed limit controls and adjustable seats.
With three different driving modes, they offer the ideal amount of fun and excitement for kids that are between 3 to 8 years old.
The speed limit control system allows you to set the appropriate speed for your kid. This can be beneficial if two or more kids are sharing the same kart.
You set the slower speed limit 2.5MPH or 5MPH for small children or you can quickly set the speed of 8 MPH for elder children.
Radio flyer is one of the best electric go-karts in 2020 because of the value it provides for your money. In addition to its attractive design, Radio Flyer electric go-kart also offer the comfort that you need when it comes to space and sitting.
The seat of this go-kart features padded materials, and your kids can play with it for hours without break.
What We Like:
- Ultimate Drifting Action | The rubber grip on tires offers great swiftness and mobility. The rear wheels are large and excellent for drifting action.
- Protection | Speed control system comes handy. You can set easily set the speed limits. It also includes seat belt for enhance safety.
Alternative Budget Option: Huffy Flat Go-Kart Ride On Battery Powered Kid Car
Alternative Budget Option
There can’t be a better way for your kid to enjoy outside than this Huffy’s Flat battery-powered Go-kart.
This blazing blue battery-powered go-kart delivers exciting and non-stop fun – as a battery-powered racer. To begin the action simply push the button and accelerate when your rider is all set to go.
This Huffy Flat go-kart can speed up to 2.5 mph so it’s perfect for your young ones. The battery-powered go-kart delivers 40 minutes of pure fun on a single charge. The device comes with a 6V battery and a useful charger.
Whenever the battery requires a charge, don’t stop the fun, start pedaling!
The design of this Huffy’s go-kart features the gull-wing style steering, the adjustable and comfortable, high-back seat. The smooth steel frame with vibrant racing graphics also adds to its attractiveness.
What We Like:
- Unique Design | The unique design makes this go-kart one of its kind. The adjustable and high-back seat is very comfortable.
- Dual options | Although the battery of this go-kart provides 40minutes of fun. But if it’s drained out your kid can start pedaling.
Best 4 Seater Option: Berg Go-Kart Gran Tour Racer44- 4-Seater Orange
Best 4 Seater Option
In this part, we will talk about fun for the whole family. What’s better than to have a day outside with your loved ones.
Well, this Berg go-kart will double the fun and make your day the one that you will cherish for a long time.
This beauty in the bright orange color is suitable for four persons, two adults, and two kids. The light-weight and catchy design provide a comfortable and exciting ride for the whole family.
The steering grip and working are reliable and smooth. The kart features a nice stoppage power due to the handbrake and parking brake.
To protect the wheels it has mud flaps and it also features aluminum rims. The unit works great of rough surfaces due to its strong demountable swing axle. You will not face any issues like improper balance.
The go-kart is maintenance-free and for sure you will get an enjoyable ride.
What We Like:
- Attractive Look and Color | The overall design and vibrant color makes this go-kart different from others.
- Braking Power | The ‘freewheel’ system and large inflated wheels guaranty a comfortable ride.
- Safety | With the reliable steering power, seat belts for front seats and ultimate braking power makes this go-kart one of the safest for your family.
Alternative 4 Seater Option: Generic GO KART 4 Seater – Go-Karts
Alternative 4 Seater Option
Next, we have a fun ride for the whole family. Allow us to introduce what we a beast by Generic. This go-kart includes each and every feature that you can ask for.
With the power of a 150cc, this Generic Go-Kart is well-suited for both the youth and teens. It can accommodate up to 4 persons at a time. The overall weight capacity of the kart is 500lbs.
The 4-stroke Honda motor delivers excellent power and, at the same time, offers exceptional safety for you and your kids.
It also includes a programmed switch and reliable suspension to endure the rough territories.
If you are looking for a fun time for a whole family, then you should go with this Generic electric Go-kart, the best in 2020 for family.
The hydraulic disc brakes, reverse feature, and with a great balance, this go-kart is an excellent addition to your family.
Stay safe, and have fun with your little ones!
What We Like:
- Overall Built and Power | The overall construction, including the frame and suspension, is excellent and durable. The 150cc power motor gives noise-free and smooth operation.
- Seating Capacity | Space is more than enough to accommodate four persons.
- High Speed | This beast can operate on 30 mph with the load! Faster than others.
Things to Consider:
- Paint work | The paint job of this device is not that durable and may attract rust or corrosion with the passage of time.
- Not best for tall fellows | You will find it little tight on front seat if you are over 5′ 6 inches.
Best 2 Seater Option: MOTOR GO-KART Off Road Buggy Black
Best 2 Seater Option
Here comes our exclusive pick in the list the Motor DF200 go-kart, as it is a best-quality off-road go-kart.
Some of the can argue that it has a slightly high price tag but its overall build quality, durable materials, and high performance will justify that.
This Motor HQ go-kart features a 169 cc single-cylinder petrol engine that has a power of 7,500 rpm. This is a strong engine for go-karting, with a max speed of 37 mph.
It comes with a safety belt and has a 162 cm wheelbase, much larger than the others. A great ground clearance of 20cm. Due to the rubber wheels, you can travel across any ground without any problem.
The go-kart also includes a spare wheel and a storage tray that can come handy in storing your small valuables.
Furthermore, you’ll also get some extra notable features like tail lights, roof-mounted fog lights, headlights, and much more.
What We Like:
- Overall Built and Power | The overall construction of the frame and suspension is excellent and highly durable. The 169cc power offers noise-free and smooth working.
- High Speed | This go-kart has a max speed of 37 mph with the load! Much faster than others.
Alternative 2 Seater Option: Coleman Powersports Go Kart
Alternative 2 Seater Option
Our last pick of the list is Coleman’s Powersports KT196 go-kart. The go-kart offers the perfect mixture of affordably and class.
This go-kart features a strong 196cc 4-stroke automatic engine and has a max speed of 31 mph.
The device has a fuel tank capacity of 3.6 liters. With the wheelbase of 50 inches and ground clearance 4 inches the go-kart can provide some great outdoor experience.
The maximum loading capacity of this go-kart is 400 pounds that makes it perfect for two full-sized adults and you can also store your luggage at the back.
It scores full marks for comfort, as the padded seats provide a smooth ride on all surfaces. The go-kart also features seat belts to make sure that you are at your place all the time.
For additional protection, the Powersports KT196 go-kart features a sturdy roll cage.
Overall, it is a real winner!
What We Like:
- Incredible Power | Fully automatic 1 cylinder engine with 196cc powers you through the rugged trails while being efficient in fuel consumption.
- Protection | The safety harness will keep you safe and secure behind the heavy-duty roll cage.
- Functionality | The soft padded seats are comfortable for two persons. Whereas hydraulic disc brakes give reliable stopping power.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to maintain your go-kart?
Regular maintenance is vital to ensure that go-kart performs to its max ability and to ensure the overall working and health of the kart.
Ensure that you change the oil either after every 25 hours or once a year.
Similarly, you should replace the air filter every time when you perform an oil change. Also, clean the filter frequently if it is chocked. If the go-kart stands for long, remember to drain out the fuel.
Will the go-kart work on road?
Yes, they work on the road. But usually, roads are not considered as safe, and you should check out whether it is legal to drive a kart on the road in your state. That’s why driveways, sidewalks, yards, and parks are a much secure choice for kids.
How to make sure that kids stay safe in go-kart?
You should supervise them until they can look out for themselves. If you’re concerned about this, you can go for a go-kart that is not that fast or a kart with the speed limit feature.
At what age my kids can ride in a go-kart?
Each manufacturer has age recommendations. You should also check your state’s legal requirements. Also, make sure that your kid is ready to control the kart.
Other Worthy Mentions
In this section, we will highlight some products that didn’t make it to the list, but we find them worthy of your time. So let’s start:
With the speed of 15mph, this electric go-kart is perfect for your kid. It features hydraulic brakes and automatic transmission.
- Great design and look.
- The frame and overall construction is exceptional.
- Powerful 79cc motor, excellent brakes and performance.
This all-electric go-kart by FamilyGokarts is an ideal way to introduce your children to the excitements and thrill of the speedy ride! The kid can have fun with the rugged construction of this full-size electric go-kart.
- This go kart works with a battery and can work for more than 2 hours on a full charge. The full charge takes about 6 to 7 hours.
- High-quality steel frame, provides ultimate protection when your kids are riding.
- It is powered by a 1000 watt 48V, brush motor. Also features seat belt, and additional safety comes from a speed limit system that allows you to set the speed at 10, 13 or 17 mph settings.
The Razor Ground Drifter Fury kart features a maximum speed of 12 mph. Its chassis is perfectly tuned for unforgettable racing experience.
- The design of this electric go kart is awesome. The coolness combines with great feature to form this device.
- This Razor’s ground force is exclusive of its kind. The included spark bar generates natural sparks from the wheels and takes this product to the next level.
- The go kart for drifters. If your kids love the drifting well, then they will love this thing.
The MotoTec Electric Go-Kart is the ultimate fun. It features roll cage bars, hydraulic brakes, seat belts, adjustable seat and much more. This go-kart is built to last.
- The MotoTec go-kart features a sturdy 48 V 1000 Watt motor. Incredibly powerful.
- You have the option to set the speed limit max speed is 20mph and other options are 10 and 15mph.
- It comes with all the safety features such as hydraulic brakes, rolling cage, seat belts and much more.