There are few things more relaxing than getting a massage after a hard day of work. However, few of us can afford to go to a massage therapist regularly. This doesn’t mean that you’re out of options.
Instead, you could consider a massage chair. As recommended as this is, it could lead to a few questions. Perhaps the most notable is what are the best massage chairs for 2020? Though this could seem like a simple question, it could be more difficult than you might imagine.
A lot of this is because there is an overwhelming number of options. However, this doesn’t mean that all of them come well recommended. Instead, there could be a few that may be much lower quality than you may have anticipated.
However, this also means that there are a variety of high-quality massage chairs that you can choose from. There are several, in particular, that come better-recommended than others.
The Best Massage Chairs Reviewed
Editor’s Top Pick: Kahuna Massage Chair LM-6800
The Kahuna LM-6800 is one of the more high-end massage chairs, though this isn’t reflected too negatively in the price. This could help to make it one of the more cost-effective options to pick. Alongside this are a few other notable benefits.
Perhaps the most significant is that it’s quite customizable. This is because it features a full-body scan, which should mean that you’ll have a more personalized massage. This is also quite an adjustable massage chair for various reasons.
With there being several zero gravity positions to choose from, you should be able to find a comfortable one. The heating pads are also noteworthy, as these can be found in the lumbar area, as well as the foot and calf region.
However, there are a few drawbacks to this option. Prominent among these is that you wouldn’t be able to control the temperature on the heating pads. This could mean that they’ll be either too hot or too cold for you, depending on your preferences.
What We Like
- Roller – The Kahuna LM-6800 boasts a full-body scan, so it can offer a more personalized massage.
- Heating Pads – There are heating pads located in the calf area, as well as the lumbar region, which is more than some other competitors offer.
- Zero Gravity – There are several zero gravity position to choose from, which could make this a versatile massage chair.
- Adjustability – This option offers an adjustable shoulder width, which is more than what some other choices have.
Things To Consider
- Lack Of Control – Unlike many other high-quality massage chairs, you can’t change the temperature of the heating pads.
- Size – This is one of the bulkier options on offer, which is a noticeable drawback.
Alternative Top Pick: Ideal Massage Full Featured Shiatsu Chair with Built in Heat Zero Gravity Positioning Deep Tissue Massage
The Ideal Massage option could be one of the best zero gravity massage chairs on offer. There are several reasons for this, with the most notable being its versatility. This is driven by the various positions and functions that you can capitalize on.
There’s also a vibration function, which could offer a relaxing massage. Lastly are the heating pads, which should be set at quite a comfortable temperature, though there’s not a lot of control here.
One of the main drawbacks here is that there’s a lack of neck support, with this also extending to massages. This could mean that it might not be a recommended massage chair for taller people.
The Ideal Massage is also one of the heavier and bulkier options to choose from.
What We Like
- Versatile – The Ideal Massage Chair boasts three zero-gravity positions, making it a versatile massage chair to choose.
- Warranty – The product’s warranty lasts three years, which is somewhat longer than many other options.
- Functionality – The Ideal Massage offers an additional vibration function, which could provide quite a relaxing massage.
- Heating Pads – The heating pads on this massage chair are quite high-quality and have a comfortable temperature range.
Things To Consider
- Size – This is quite a large massage chair, so it can be limited in placement. Despite this, it may not be appropriate for tall users.
- Lack Of Support – There’s somewhat of a lack of support in the neck area, where there also being no massage capabilities in this area.
Best High End Pick: Kahuna SM-7300 Superior Massage Chair
The Kahuna SM-7300 Superior Massage Chair boasts quite a significant number of benefits and features. Each of these helps to make it one of the best massage chairs for 2020. Perhaps the most notable of these is how adjustable it is.
There’s an extensive number of pre-set modes and settings to take advantage of. As such, you should be able to customize your massage to a certain degree. Alongside this is that it has two heating pads that are comfortably located in the lumbar region.
However, you wouldn’t be able to control the temperature of these pads, which could be a noticeable drawback. Alongside this, it’s quite a bulky option, which may mean that it could take up a lot of space in your living room.
What We Like
- Adjustability – There are nine pre-set modes and various intensity options to choose from. Alongside this are the massage options that you can pick, which helps to make it one of the more adjustable massage chairs to choose from.
- Heating Pads – There are two heating pads located in the product’s lumbar region, both of which are high-quality and should help to offer quite a comfortable massage.
- Warranty – The Kahuna SM-7300 offers a two-year warranty, which should be a sign that it’s a long-lasting option.
- Weight – The option boasts quite a high weight limit, which should make it suitable for larger body types.
Things To Consider
- Lack Of Control – There’s no control over the temperature of the heating pads.
- Size – The Kahuna SM-7300 is quite a bulky and heavy massage chair, weighing somewhat more than other options.
Best Budget Option: Human Touch Volito
The Human Touch Volito is one of the more affordable massage chairs on offer. Enhancing this is a variety of features, which should help to give it some value for money. The first notable benefit is that it’s quite versatile in what it offers.
This is mainly focused on the various programs on offer. There are three pre-set programs to pick from for your upper body, while there are two automatic ones for your lower body. This could mean that there’s a certain about of customizability on offer.
Enhancing this further are the various speed settings to choose from. However, these are primarily focused on the foot and calf area. As such, you wouldn’t be able to change either the speed or the intensity of the upper body massage.
The warranty available for the Human Touch Volito is also much more limited than you might expect. This could mean that you might find yourself out-of-pocket if you need to repair or replace it relatively quickly.
What We Like
- Price – The Human Touch Volito is one of the more affordable massage chairs that you can pick, giving it a large amount of value for money.
- Programs – There are three pre-set programs for your upper body, alongside two automatic ones for your legs, which is slightly more than some other options.
- Adjustable – Alongside the various programs, the rollers are also adjustable, which helps make this a more customizable massage chair.
- Speed Levels – There are several speed settings to capitalize on, though these are focused on the foot and calf areas.
Things To Consider
- No Control – While you can control the intensity and speed of your foot and calf massages, you can’t same the same for your back.
- Warranty – The warranty for the Human Touch Volito is much more limited than other options.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Zero Gravity Massage Chair?
This is perhaps one of the more common questions when looking for a new massage chair. Much of this is because the term could be somewhat confusing. However, the answer is much more straightforward than you might have assumed.
Zero gravity massage chairs are ones that can recline back at a variety of angles. This typically means that you’ll be positioned similar to how astronauts would be during lift-offs for space missions, hence the name.
These positions are meant to relieve pressure on your joints, as well as your spine. This should also help to distribute your body weight across the chair evenly. The angles and exact positioning of this will vary from model to model.
How Much Does A Massage Chair Cost?
Everyone will want to stick to a budget when buying a new massage chair. As such, you’ll want to know how much they might cost before buying one. Naturally, this can vary from product to product, though there are some rules of thumb to keep in mind.
These could cost anywhere between $400 and $10,000, depending on what kind of features you’re looking for. As you would expect, the more features a massage chair has, the more it will cost. A lot of this will focus on built-in technology, such as automation.
It should also be noted that there are a few other things that will affect cost. These include the type of massage chair, how many recline options are available, the material it’s made from, and much more.
However, you should expect some of the more affordable massage chairs to range between $400 and $1,500.
Are Massage Chairs Safe?
You might be wondering whether or not massage chairs are safe. While this is typically the case, there are a few instances where they might not be. As such, there are some occasions where you should avoid using them.
Perhaps the most notable of these is if you:
- Have any broken bones;
- Are pregnant;
- Have blood circulation problems, or;
- Have any infectious rashes or diseases.
Outside of each of the above, however, your massage chair should be quite safe. A lot of this could also depend on the model itself. This is because some models could boast a slightly better safety record than others.
Are They Worth It?
Because of how expensive massage chairs can be, you might wonder whether or not they’re worth it. While a lot of this can depend on which make and model you buy, this should be considered a ‘yes.’ There are several reasons for this.
The largest is that they could offer a variety of health benefits, with many of these being related to the reduction of stress. Alongside this, they could also help with muscle soreness while also reducing tension.
However, you’ll need to make sure that you choose the right one for your needs. This is because some can be better worth investing in than others.
Other Worthy Mentions
While all of the above could be seen as some of the best massage chairs for 2020, this doesn’t mean that there aren’t a few alternatives to choose from. In contrast, there are a few others that you could consider.
Like all of the above, there are a few things that you’ll need to know if you’re thinking about buying them.
A fully-electric option that’s also much more affordable than other options, with massage sessions being more customizable than you may expect.
- Air massage sessions use heat therapy.
- Computerized body detection to personalize your session.
- Variety of massage modes to choose from.
This is an automatic massage chair that boasts a variety of programs to take advantage of, as well as being easy to assemble, and offering quite a large weight limit.
- Variety of automatic programs to choose from.
- Easy to assemble.
- Quite a large weight limit.
Easy to use massage chairs can often be difficult to find, although this is a noteworthy option that also includes full body stretching and a deep tissue massage.
- Designed to be as easy to use as possible.
- Includes full body stretching and deep tissue massage.
- Two heating pads to take advantage of.