Modem tea Kettles are excellent kitchen aids you should have. Many great tea Kettles come with stylish designs that improve your home’s decor as you brew and enjoy your favorite tea.
To get the best tea kettle that’ll provide value for your money and perform its job effectively requires some essential features. When choosing your tea kettle, watching out for these features is vital as this will help you make the right decision and spend your money on the right product.
The materials used in their construction ( glass, aluminum, copper, cast iron, or stainless steel) capacity of the kettle, boiling speed, safety features, warranty, and durability are vital things you should look out for when getting your tea kettle.
Our choice of the best tea Kettles for 2020 is based on extensive research. You should make the right decision when you’re done reading our reviews, starting from the top choices to the budget option. You can also check out our other worthy mentions at the end of this guide.
The Best Tea Kettle For 2020 Reviewed
Aside from its excellent design and aesthetics, this electric kettle provides you with excellent boiling experience. It works flawlessly to give you the ultimate brewing experience.
It comes with Bluetooth connectivity, works with Brewbar (iPad App), Brewmaster app (iOS and Android devices), and it’s also compatible with Stagg EKG+(iOS App).
It comes with a precision pour spout for the best pour-over flow rate. The counterbalanced handle helps you to achieve a more comfortable and slower pouring.
The 1200 watt fast heating element that comes with this kettle helps you to maintain your desired temperature for 1 hour.
What we like:
- Temperature control | Since there are different temperature requirements for different tea, Stagg EKG comes with variable temperature control that allows you to control the desired temperature ranging from 135°F to 212°F. There’s also a 60-minute HOLD option whereby you can maintain your desired temperature for 60 minutes.
- One-year warranty | It has a full-year warranty that protects you against any form of defect on the product during the first year of purchase.
- Great design | This kettle has beautiful design and aesthetics that make it a perfect kettle with great functionality.
- Fast heating time | Stagg’s 1200 watt feature helps to speed up the brewing time. This enables you to heat water faster than many other electric Kettles.
Alternative Top Pick: MacKenzie Childs Courtly Check Enamel Kettle
If you’re looking for a kettle to beautify your kitchen and make your tea, the Courtly Check Enamel kettle by McKenzie Child is your best bet.
It’s rimmed in bronzed stainless steel, and the bottom is hand-painted.
The lid is designed with a faux-cinnabar bead, and the handle is made of wood.
It’s a wonderful piece that you will always want to have around your kitchen. This is the ideal kettle for gifting to friends and family.
What we like:
- Beautiful design | The beautiful design is a great feature that made this kettle stand out. These designs all work together to give your kitchen an elegant look it deserves.
- Wood handle | The wood handle is an indication that this is a kettle that wouldn’t hurt your hands. So, you don’t have to bother about getting hurt. The handle adds to the beauty of this kettle as well.
- Quality materials | Unlike some other kettles with inferior designs, the Courtly Court enamel kettle is made with the best materials. The lid, handle, bottom, and overall body of this kettle speaks of quality.
- Handmade | The fact that this kettle is handmade is really commendable, and it gives you the peace of mind that it’s fit for your health and free of toxic materials.
Best High-end Pick: Coffee Gator Pour Over Kettle
This high-end kettle comes with a pre-set function. You don’t have to worry about running late or boiling water every time you need to make your tea.
You can pre-set at night for the next day’s breakfast and pre-set at any time ahead of when you need to use water.
It comes with an LCD screen, and it is made with lead-free and pharmaceutical glass known as Schott glass ( from Germany).
It has a service life of 9-10 years (for five times daily use). It is non-toxic and odorless. It comes with auto warm and a 1.5 L capacity.
What we like:
- Pre-set function | The pre-set function is a really nice feature that makes boiling an easy chore. It helps you get your hot water ready without you dashing to the kitchen to put it on when you’re in a hurry. The pre-set function also helps you to get your water prepared ahead of time without any problem.
- Made with Schott glass | The Schott glass is a secured and healthy glass that wouldn’t expose you to lead poisoning.
- 9-10 years’ service life | You may be wondering why you’re paying higher for this kettle, but this is one of the reasons why you should. If the kettle can last for 9-10 years when used five times daily, it may last for more than to 15 years when used 2-3 times daily. This is a very long time, and with this, you’re definitely getting value for your money.
Best Budget Option: Gooseneck Tea and Coffee Kettle
Are you tired of drinking burnt coffee and bad tea? You’ll make the perfect tea and coffee with this budget-friendly kettle. You’ll also appear like a professional tea Brewer as the built-in temperature gauge will help you deliver the best.
The kettle is made with high-quality stainless steel and a gooseneck spout that helps for a steady flow of water. It has a unique triple-layer base that makes it easy to use on all stovetops, and It’s rustproof.
What we like:
- The only kettle with a triple-layer base | This is the only kettle with a triple-layer base that enables you to use it on any stovetop.
- Built-in temperature gauge | The built-in temperature gauge helps to ensure a steady and smooth boiling and brewing experience.
- Improves the taste of coffee and tea | The thermometer helps to unlock the flavors, aromas, and complex oils, which enhances the taste of your tea.
Things to consider:
- Cheap quality | You may want to consider the quality of this kettle before settling for it.
- It doesn’t last a lifetime | Unfortunately, this kettle doesn’t last a lifetime, as stated in its description. So, be sure that you’re not looking for a kettle that will last for decades before settling for it.
- You may have to deal with rust | Since this kettle is cheaply made, you may have to deal with rust issues as complained by many other users.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it ideal for a kettle to heat water quickly?
Yes, a good tea kettle should heat water as quickly as possible. Some kettles take time to heat water, and this means that you’ll have to spend more time waiting for your water to boil.
What are the common problems associated with tea kettles?
The major problem associated with tea Kettles is rust. Many tea kettle users usually complain about rust, but some tea kettles come with rust-resistant. Most rust-resistant kettles are made of an aluminum base and a stainless steel body.
Does the price of my kettle determine the quality?
Not necessarily. The cost of a kettle is not an indication that it’s made of the best materials. Some kettles are very reliable, even though they are budget options. The size and design of the kettle mostly add to the cost, but it’s still not an indication of quality.
What features should I look out for when choosing a tea kettle?
You should check the capacity of the tea kettle to prevent you from boiling water at intervals. So, look for bigger ones. The weight is also a factor to consider as too heavy or too light is not advisable. Also, check the opening of the kettle and ensure its wide enough for you to fill it with water easily.
Other Worthy Mentions
These are other tea kettles that are also worth talking about. You should check them out.
If you’re looking for a portable but stylish kettle, go for the Circulon 2-Quart Circles tea kettle. It comes in kiwi green, stainless steel, and Capri turquoise. It’s Balck handle helps you to pour out water easily, and the tight and fitted stainless steel lid helps keep steam inside and prevent your hand from getting burnt.
The audible whistle also alerts you when the water is boiled, and the lifetime warranty gives you the rest of the mind you need, knowing you are covered when anything happens.
- Ergonomic Handle
- Colorful Design
- Quiet Whistle
- High-positioned Spout
This is a beautiful tea kettle with an aesthetic design that will match any modern kitchen decor. It can be used on any stovetop. The shiny mirror-like finish gives it an elegant look. This kettle is made with rustproof stainless steel that prevents it from rusting. It also comes with five metallic layers comprising aluminum, stainless steel, and iron.
- Five Metallic Layers
- Heat Resistant Handle
This is one of the best tea kettles common among the Japanese people. It’s called Tetsubin. It’s made with cast iron, which allows the heat to be evenly distributed throughout the teapot. When this happens, the teapot will bring out the unique flavor of your tea.
- Heat retaining feature
- Purified Iron
This is a fast kettle for boiling water, and it’s safe and better than stovetop kettles. It’s the perfect kettle for offices, homes, and college dorms.
- Automatic shut-off
- Drip-free spout
- Water level window
- Push-button lid
The Stovetop cast iron tea kettle helps in gradual and even heating, and it helps to extract all the flavors from your tea leaves into the water.
- Unique design
- Long heat preservation
- Fully enameled interior
This kettle is the right combination of beautiful design and perfect functionality. It’s the ideal kettle for the modern-day kitchen
- Quality and versatility
- Comes with brew range thermometer
- Precision pour spout
- Modern design
If you’re a fan of a cordless kettle, go for Willsence electric tea kettle with heat-resistant handle, safe and durable glass body and auto-start, and keep warm function.
- Six adjustable temperature settings
- Triple protections
- Cordless and heat resistant handle
- Durable and safe